Friday, September 28, 2012

Assignment #3- Expertise

I personally think that I am very good at Volleyball. I have been playing off and on since I was in about 6th grade. I enjoyed it off and on, and that is why I haven't been playing very much. My father always pushed me to play and I'm thinking thats why I never wanted to play as much. But now that I am getting older and wanting to get into sports again, I would really like to get int Volleyball again. And still hoping I am great at it!
The point of this sport is to get the ball over the net, without it hitting your side, on the ground. You also have to try to get the ball to hit the other teams ground, if that happens, your team gets a point. If the ball is on your side or the court, your team can only hit the ball three times, but remember, you can only hit it once, when someone else on your team hits it, you may hit it again, just can't touch it twice in a row.

With all of the rules that they have in Volleyball, I am only able to play on a regular court, unlike if I were to play water volleyball or beach volleyball. To play, you have to be in a certain area, depends where you are placed which is decided on the team or coach. From there, you have to stay in that amount of area, and if the ball comes towards you, you have to make sure you call "mine!" or something similar to that, just so you teammate that might be going for the ball at the same time you do, they back off so you guys don't get hurt.
This sport has a lot of rules, that i can't even begin to tell you. If you are interested, you can look them up. This is not just a girl sport, a lot of guys are into it too. I highly recommend this sport to play, it can be very easy at times, but it can get very hard and challenging! but it still can be a lot of fun either way!

















No comments:

Post a Comment